What is the Strong Women Program?
- The Strong Women Program will improve the health and well-being of middle-aged and older women.
- This moderate intensity exercise program includes strength and balance training.
- It is designed to improve muscle strength, balance, and flexibility.
Why take part in the Strong Women Program?
- Starting in their mid-forties, women lose one-fourth to one-third pounds of muscle per year and gain that much or more in fat.
- Approximately 10 million Americans have osteoporosis, 80% of who are women.
- One in two women will experience an osteoporosis-related fracture.
- Strength training and exercise benefits muscle mass, bone density, and balance.
When and where the Strong Women Program Meets:
Every Tuesday and Thursday for 8 weeks – 10:00 a.m.‐11:00 a.m. In the Jessamine County Health Department Conference Room.
For more information on the Strong Women program or to register contact: Andrea Brown at 859-885-4149 x 1025, or email her at [email protected]