Needle (Syringe) Exchange Program

EMERGENCIES: The health department DOES NOT provide Narcan for emergency situations. Please call 9-1-1 as soon as possible for situations that require immediate attention, such as a suspected overdose.

Local Substance Abuse Resources

Are you or someone you know in need of local substance abuse addiction resources? Visit Get Help Lex, Don’t Let Them Die, Find Help Now KY, or Grasp Help websites for available resources. Call Kentucky HELP Call Center – 1-833-8KY-HELP (1-833-859-4357) to speak with a specialist about treatment options and available resources.
Download and print the Jessamine County Resource Brochure for a compete list of local substance abuse resources in or around our county.

List of Pharmacies across Kentucky that stock Narcan (naloxone)

Sharps Disposal Fact Sheet

Needle Exchange Program Research

Perceptions, Attitudes, and Beliefs Regarding a Syringe Exchange Program in a Rural Kentucky County – Research Project