Checkpoints™ Program is approximately a one-hour program that is designed to reduce teen crashes and violations. This program will help you:
- Help your teen be safer when they become a new, independent driver.
- Establish and personalize a free, interactive Parent-Teen Driving Agreement to help you set safety expectations as your teen gradually increases driving complexity and responsibility.
Offerings & Location
The program is currently offered monthly on either a Wednesday or Thursday at 6:30 pm at the Jessamine Career & Technology Center.
If you would like to register or have questions, please complete the following form:
Benefits & Outcomes
New teen drivers are at greater risk for crashes when:
- driving during the first months without adult supervision
- driving at night
- driving with passengers
- driving on high speed roads
- driving in poor weather conditions
- driving on unfamiliar roads
Families who completed the Checkpoints™ program experienced:
- an increase in the understanding of teen driving risks
- establishing guidelines to reduce risks beyond the Graduated Driver License Law
- written agreements to reduce teen driving risks
- a reduction in risky teen driving behaviors
All students who currently have an INTERMEDIATE RESTRICTED Graduated Driver License are encouraged to register.
At least one parent or guardian must attend with the teen driver and jointly complete a parent-teen driving agreement to receive a discount on the student parking permit and other incentives, such as a gas gift card.