All students who currently have an INTERMEDIATE RESTRICTED Graduated Driver License are encouraged to register.
To register, email BruceL.Crouch@ky.gov or Michael.Fleming@nicholasville.org.
At least one parent or guardian must attend with the teen driver and jointly complete a parent-teen driving agreement to receive a discount on the student parking permit & other incentives.
The goal of the Checkpoints™ Program is to reduce teen crashes and violations received by teen drivers.
New teen drivers are at greater risk for crashes when:
- driving during the first months without adult supervision
- driving at night
- driving with passengers
- driving on high speed roads
- driving in poor weather conditions
- driving on unfamiliar roads
Families who completed the Checkpoints™ program experienced:
- an increase in the understanding of teen driving risks
- establishing guidelines to reduce risks beyond the Graduated Driver License Law
- written agreements to reduce teen driving risks
- a reduction in risky teen driving behaviors