Local and Regional Vaccine Sites
Local and Regional COVID-19 Vaccine Sites
Jessamine County Health Department – Registration Code: jcdose1. Click here to register. Note: currently not offering Moderna or Pfizer
HealthPoint Family Care – click here to register
Kroger – click here to register.
Med-Save Rx Nicholasville – click here to register.
Med-Save Rx Wilmore – click here to register.
Walgreens Pharmacy – click here to register.
Walmart – click here to register.
Baptist Health – click here for the scheduling link.
Ephraim McDowell Health – click here to register.
UK Healthcare – click here for the request form
Vaccine FAQ and Fat Sheets
- KY Dept. for Public Health COVID-19 Vaccine Frequently Asked Questions
- CDC’s COVID-19 Vaccine Frequently Asked Questions
- Johnson & Johnson Janssen Vaccine Fact Sheet
- Moderna Vaccine Fact Sheet
- Pfizer-BioNTech Fact Sheet
💉COVID-19 Vaccine: Additional Dose vs. Booster Dose – There IS a Difference!
Additional Dose: An additional dose is for people who may not have had a strong enough immune response from the first 2 doses (either Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna). Currently, CDC is recommending that moderately to severely immunocompromised people receive an additional dose. Please call JCHD at 859-885-4149 if you believe you’re eligible for an additional dose. Learn more about the additional dose by clicking here.
Booster Dose: A booster dose is for people whose immune response may have weakened over time. Booster doses are now recommended for some groups of people. Currently, the CDC recommends Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 boosters (not Moderna or Johnson & Johnson Janssen) six months after their second dose for:
- Older adults age 65+ and those living in long-term care facilities
- Adults ages 50-64 at high risk of severe COVID-19, due to underlying medical conditions
- Adults ages 18-49 at high risk of severe COVID-19 due to underlying medical conditions should consider a booster based on an assessment of their individual benefits and risks and consultation with their medical provider.
- Adults age 18-64 for people whose jobs put them at high risk for COVID-19
At this time, the CDC has not recommended booster doses for those who received the Moderna or Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) vaccines but will do so as soon as those data are available. Learn more about the booster dose by clicking here.
Webpage Updated: September 24, 2021
210 East Walnut Street Nicholasville, KY 40356
- (859) 885-4149
- (859) 885-1863